- Use AJAX to call the API and retrieve the data needed.
- On the main page, display the first 25 thumbnail images in a 5x5 grid.
- When a user clicks on a thumbnail, pop up a modal that displays the full image (using
url) and the title. In the modal, also allow the user to add a description (feel free to design the UX for this in whatever way you deem best). Whenever a description is added, persist it so that on refresh the description is still there (localStorage is fine).
- The application should work on all modern browsers, 2 versions back. IE11 is the furthest IE you have to go back.
- When we pull down the code, we should be able to get a local environment running just by using
npm install && npm start(either use npm or have the command call another task runner such as gulp or grunt).
- Provide a .zip, .tar or .tar.gz of your prebuilt code. Structure is up to you.
- Make sure to include package.json. Use
enginesso we know what version node to use.
- Don’t use jQuery
- Use ES2015 (include Babel)
- Make it responsive
- Add tests
Bonus items are absolutely not required. Plan on discussing your project with us, so we want you to do and use what you are most comfortable doing/using.
Q. Can I use any additional frameworks, libraries, etc?
A. Sure, as long as you can explain the reasoning behind why you chose what you chose